Wednesday 19 June 2013

Oxfordshire was great. This weekend I've been celebrating the English countryside, the only place where children clap with glee on receiving a 99er in the rain. I found Stratford particularly gorgeous with its cobbley streets and sloping rooftops. We saw a deer out of our bedroom window and felt charmed by the nature. It was an idyllic trip.
My one issue was eating out. Since my diagnosis I have nosed dived my head in to a hundred books on what not to eat and which foods can help kick this to the curb. At home, I have stuck to what I have found out (which I intend to share) and have found it relatively easy, but eating out is difficult. I have given up dairy but no restaurant wants to help me carry this out. I will plan better next time I think. If I'd have taken healthy snacks around with me I wouldn't have had to have a slice of peanut butter stack (eek!).
We have decided there definitely will be a next time. Just an hour outside of every city I'm sure, there will be country side. Its slow pace and colourful background leaves you feeling so relaxed, I think even a weekend would be enough.
Back amongst the commuters and traffic now though, ready to explore London some more and catch up on my cancer admin. Next issue: sort. out. wig!

No comments:

Post a Comment