Wednesday 10 July 2013

July

I love it when a good plan comes together. When I saw the following recipe I kind of knew it was going to be a high five moment so here goes, see how you like it! Rice cracker. Peanut butter. JalapeƱos. YES!
And more good news, I finished a book in 2 days flat.
Lola first introduced me to Miranda July, and her short stories No one Belongs Here More Than you (a great book) a while ago, so when I saw her name on a friends book shelf I had to borrow. It Chooses You was written when July was procrastinating whilst writing a screenplay The Future. The Penny Savers magazine (equivolent to the Friday Ads in England) was her saviour; as she tired over her script, she would throw her imagination head first in to the lives of the people selling their wares. Sounds like my kind of distraction. Anyway, she took it one step further, this is how cool she is. After taking a particular interest in the seller of the black leather jacket for 10 dollars, she found herself ringing him, asking for an interview. This first interaction lead to the meeting of lots of interesting characters.
Thus I finished it in 2 days flat!
Miranda July has started a new project called We Think Alone. Ever fancied taking a look at a strangers' sent emails. You know, on the tube or something, well now you can! Subscribe here to be sent 20 weeks of 20 people's sent emails every Monday. I've had my first email this week and have already learnt how to become a pro-basketballer! I'll look forward to Mondays for the next 20 weeks I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment