Wednesday 26 June 2013

Apart from getting well and going bananas (please excuse the pun, but it really is annoying) trying to do a seemingly impossible jigsaw of a green grocers - all in the name of healthy eating - this week has been pretty non-plus!! The chemo has really taken it out of me, they did say it is accumulative but I was choosing not to believe them until now...
So, it's a good job I was sneaky and saved my weekend's adventures from your eyes so that I could fill you in and brighten up the mid week bore.
We were lucky enough to go to the David Bowie exhibition at the V&A museum on Saturday. A friends' tickets came our way when the XX festival moved dates, and quite niave to many of his hits and eccentricities, I was really surprised to enjoy it so much. I got a real sense of being in the presence of a star, and man do I want to be a rock star now!!
The new audio system I found very disorientating though, it was sensored so if you move a muscle whilst enjoying a song or introduction you have to move another muscle and start all over again. There was also a LOT of curator's notes so my advice would be to choose which method of learning to go for from the beginning other wise you end up not listening or reading!
Advance tickets have sold out but there is still a chance to see the exhibition if you turn up early enough on the day. Running until 11th August, I'd say sooner the better.
If you find yourself at the V&A and there are no tickets, a brand spanking new exhibition has just opened called the Memory Palace. It is 'a walk-in story that brings to life a new work of fiction by the author Hari Kunzo.' With work from 20 internationally acclaimed illustrators, graphic designers and typographers, it does look worth a trip! I intend to go next week when I'm feeling a bit more up for it so will report back soon.
We finished our day on Greek Street because we were exhausted and hungry. Stumbling across 'London's first vegetarian pub' was such a bonus. Norman's Coach and Horses is an absolute gem, a welcoming pub down stairs (with a piano sing-a-long on Wednesdays and Saturdays) and a quaint 20's stylee tea room and restaurant upstairs. I had tofush and chips with a mound of peas, and maki (coconut rice with fruit centre sushi) for  desert. An imaginative menu and cosy decor makes this a really lovely pit stop in the middle of bustling Soho.






1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the veggie pub tip PTW. Coconut fruit sushi sounds amazing.

    And that jigsaw's going to keep you *a little bit* busy till your next feast out eh? x

    ReplyDelete